The preferred method of tooth replacement is the dental implant. In short, dental implants are a substitute for tooth roots, and form a stable foundation for permanent replacement of teeth. They also act as a support for full and partial dentures, since the implants integrate with the bone to act as an anchor for the replacement teeth.
Dental implants can also help preserve the bone by providing stimulation that was previously provided by the natural tooth root system. This helps to maintain the integrity of your facial structure. Dental implants are the closest possible replacement for natural teeth, and the best way to restore your natural smile. The cost of these implants has become very affordable. Implant retained dentures are more stable and “real” feeling than most types of dentures. Implants are a proven restoration option with a long, clinical history and an excellent success rate.
Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth. Many patients who have chosen implant supported teeth report they are happy and comfortable for the first time since the loss of their natural teeth.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Improved oral health, ability to eat, appearance and self-esteem.
- Increased denture comfort.
- Denture stability is increased.
- Help prevent bone loss.
- Resorption of tissue is reduced.
- Your mouth is restored to a natural state which allows superior long-term esthetics, enhancing the beauty of your natural smile and quality of life.